The 2017 MCC Glen Iris Annual Dinner was held at the MCG Committee room on Saturday the 18th of November.
The night started with canopies and drinks at the bar and was followed by a three-course meal. It was great to see many of our members attending the dinner from a cross-section of our tennis community. The evening was hosted once again by Alan Stone, a life member of our club and former world number 38.
Throughout the night there were a series of club awards and interviews which celebrated the achievements of many of the clubs members. Below is a recap of these awards;
2017 Club Championships
- Men’s Singles Winner – Sebastian Teoh
Don Cordner Trophy (For Best Performed Female Player)
- Genevieve Lorbergs – Premier League player 2017 – Record Singles 5-0 & Doubles 2-4
John Liddelowe Trophy (For Best Performed Male Player)
- Demitri Kaminis – Grade 5 Mens Pennant – Record SIngles 5-0 & Doubles 6-4
Occleshaw Trophy (For Best Performed Team)
- Ladies Grade 3 Team who won the Flag in season 2017. During the home and away season they won 13 ties and lost 1, 48 rubbers won to 7 lost.
Tennis Victoria’s Junior Athlete of the Year (Female)
- Jaimee Fourlis
Tennis Victoria Women’s Pennant Player of the Year Grade 3
- Tamara Bajagic (Winner) Grade 3 Record – 6-0 11-1
- Emily Tinker (Runner-up) Grade 3 Record- 6-0 11-1
Thanks to all who attended on the evening and celebrated some great achievements and enjoyed some fantastic food. Below are some images from the night.