Amended Covid – 19 Requirements for Tennis
We refer to our notification of 8th July 2020, wherein we had advised that the Victorian Government had announced restrictions on playing tennis for a period of 6 weeks from 11.59 pm on 8th July 2020.
We have now received further advice from DHHS and Sport and Recreation Victoria which places additional restrictions on tennis activities as per details below:-
- Outdoor tennis facilities can host only up to 10 patrons at any time, subject to 1.5 metres distancing requirements. Authorised club coaches can be in addition to this with a group maximum of 2 patrons per coach.
- Outdoor tennis is permitted for two people maximum on a court. This means singles only.
All other restrictions as mentioned in our earlier notice mentioned above are still in place.
As a consequence of this latest Government directive we have had to allocate courts for member usage and booking as follows:-
Monday to Friday:
8 am to 3 pm – Courts 3, 4, 6 and 7 will be available for members use.
3 pm to 7.30pm – Courts 6 and 7 will be available for members use.
7.30pm to 10 pm – Courts 3,4,6 and 7 will be available for night tennis members.
Weekends – Saturday and Sunday:
Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 12 noon – Courts 6,7 and 10 will be available for members use.
Saturday and Sunday 12 noon to sunset – Courts 6,7,10 and 12 will be available for members use.
Members are requested to note the following:
- Courts will only be able to be booked via the Book a Court system. Your co-operation is requested to ensure you comply with this request. Any members found to be using any court without an appropriate booking may be requested to vacate the court.
- Only people core to playing or coaching should be at the courts – this means that no spectators are permitted to be present as this may mean that the 10 person maximum limit is breached. Members are advised that Victoria Police and other Government authorities have the right to enter our site and impose fines on any individuals found to be contravening this directive.
- The Club’s coaches (Vida) have been authorised by the Club Board to conduct membership checks and if necessary, to request any persons in excess of 10 to vacate the club’s premises. Board members will also be checking on this.
Members are once again reminded of the requirements for sanitation and physical distancing. You are requested to Get In. Play. Get Out.
Although the additional restrictions imposed on us are disappointing, we are thankful that at least tennis is allowed to be played in some form. We will advise Members as and when there is a relaxation in government policies to allow more playing opportunities for all tennis players.
MCC Glen Iris Valley Board
Full Tennis Victoria recommendations can be found by clicking on the following link