Since the launch of our club’s new website we have been able to better communicate events and news at Glen Iris TC. One of the clubs objectives short term was to provide its members with information about court availability during peak periods. Initially, we have been using the “events” calendar to display daily court usage during these peak times. While this short term measure has worked okay, we are now planning to role out an online court booking system which will allow specific court bookings on a particular date & time.
The aim of the booking system is to make sure members have up to date information about court usage and be able to book a court at a time that works for them. The following is a little overview of the plans;
Features & Benefits:
- Easy to navigate system
- The easy-to-use interface allows you to make bookings directly in the calendar in just a few clicks on our website
- You are able to see all court bookings at a glance
- All club court usage will be pre loaded onto the calendar
- The drag and drop functionality lets you easily move bookings around
- Always know when courts are available
- Book their courts using their own profile (log in through social media or your email address).
All members will receive an email (once we go live) inviting you to join and create a profile. You will be listed as a member of the club in your profile automatically so you recive the members setting (free court bookings during day hours). If a member signs up via the website without an invitation they will be added as a general user, and we will change this status in your profile so that your receive the members settings.
- Bookings can be made via the clubs website or via the host’s sub-domain. (Mobile friendly)
- Cancel or modify a booking at any time
- Book a court with lights (and make payment for the light usage online)
- Book a court up to 30 days in advance
Time Frame & Role out info:
- 4 to 6 weeks and all details will be on our website
- The “Book A Court” button on the home page and in the right hand side bars will link to the booking page once set up
- We will create a flow chart and video “how to use” (on the web page where the courts will be booked)
- If there are any members who would like to trial the booking system and give feedback before we launch please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a profile can be created.
- As the tennis club has been seeing an increase in the court usage over the last few years, we are aware that it is important that members still have access to tennis courts and have the ability to secure a court at a preferred time.
- Long term our aim is to implement a system that is user friendly and gives all members the opportunity to book and play tennis.
- While there will still be every opportunity for a member to simply drop into the club and jump on a court, a booked court will take priority over a non-booked court. The system will come into its own during peak times.
- The system will also enable non-members to book a pay for a court at selected times. Members will have first booking opportunity.
Over the coming weeks you will receive further information about the roll out of this system. An example image is below;