After tennis courts were built for MCC members at the MCG in the 1870s, the Tennis Section was formed in 1879, becoming a key player in the development of lawn tennis in Victoria. MCC was the leading club and principal organiser of tennis in the colony an
Graeme Cumbrae-Stewart became a life member of the Glen Iris Valley Recreation Club in 1981 and has been a loyal servant of the club for the best part of thirty years. The following article was published on the Australian Davis Cup Tennis Foundation we
A tribute to the Founders and those who throughout the past Twenty-one years have served the Club. TO ALL CONCERNED,- It would have given the writer much pleasure to have been able to devote the time necessary to prepare for the auspicious occasion of the
BRIXTON RISE, GLEN IRIS 22/12/50 CIRCULAR TO MEMBERS RESTORATION OF CLUB HOUSE Notice is hereby given that a SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING of Club Members will be held in the Burke Road Methodist Church Hall (near High St.) on Monday, January 22nd, 1951, at 7.4
We are assembled today to commemorate in a fitting and practical manner, the magnificent services rendered to the club by a past and very worthy member. The late Mr. Elliott was one of the original debenture holders whose contributions made possible the e
The Club has now reached a momentous point in its long and colourful history, namely, the completion of fifty years of healthy and happy recreation for its members, through participation in the games of tennis, bowls and croquet, and spiced by exhilaratin
The MCC Glen Iris Valley Tennis Club is located on the Riversdale Golf course giving great views of the rolling fairways and tennis courts from the club balcony. All 12 courts are en-tout-cas in surface and the venue plays host to some of the largest tennis event on the calendar, such as the Federation Cup, Premier League Finals, AMT events and Junior JT tournaments. The club is a friendly members based club and welcomes everyone to be part of our tennis community.